Academy of Education Journal state that plagiarism is not acceptable for all author and therefore establishes the following policy stating specific actions (penalties) when plagiarism is identified by plagiarism cheker software in an article that is submitted for publication. We are using Turnitin as the plagiarism checker software.
- Regardless of the source of the copied text or idea.
- Regardless of whether the author(s) of the text or idea which you have copied actually copied that text or idea from another source.
- Regardless of whether or not the authorship of the text or idea which you copy is known
- Regardless of the nature of your text (journal paper/article, web page, book chapter, paper submitted for a college course, etc) into which you copy the text or idea
- Regardless of whether or not the author of the source of the copied material gives permission for the material to be copied; and
- Regardless of whether you are or are not the author of the source of the copied text or idea (self-plagiarism).
The articles published in Academy of Education Journal will be considered to retract in the publication if:
- they have clear evidence that the findings are unreliable, either as a result of misconduct (e.g. data fabrication) or honest error (e.g. miscalculation or experimental error)
- the findings have previously been published elsewhere without proper crossreferencing, permission or justification (i.e. cases of redundant publication)
- it constitutes plagiarism
- it reports unethical research
The mechanism of retraction follow the Retraction Guidelines of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) which can be accessed at https://publicationethics.org/files/retraction%20guidelines.pdf